Our university: innovative, international, people-focused
Since it opened in 1994, our university has built a reputation as one of the most innovative and international higher education institutions in Austria.
Impressive results in a range of rankings underline the high levels of satisfaction among our students from Austria and abroad: the top marks that IMC Krems receives year after year in Universum’s Talent Survey, for example.
Education with a personal touch
IMC Krems was founded as the International Management Center (IMC) in 1994 by Dr. Heinz Boyer, who is now the university’s Supervisory Board Chairman and majority owner. Eight years later, on 1 April 2002, we were awarded university of applied science status. Since then, the university has grown rapidly. IMC Krems currently offers 16 bachelor and 11 master degree programmes, as well as 4 continuing education courses – about 40 % of programmes are taught in English. Our programmes are closely linked to the university’s core focuses of business, digitalisation & engineering, health and life sciences.
The university education we provide stands out for its exceptional practical focus and emphasis on leadership and soft skills, as well as the extensive language-learning options available to students and project-based teaching in small groups. We do not think that our university should be an “educational production line”. First-hand learning experiences are fundamental to our teaching approaches.
Strong partnerships for outstanding career opportunities
Establishing close ties between teaching, research and industry is a major priority, and is a crucial part of how we prepare students for the job market. 90% of all students find permanent employment within three months of graduation, thanks in no small part to the compulsory internships or research placements they have completed.
The Executive Management
Mag. Ulrike Prommer and Prof.(FH) Dr. Karl Ennsfellner form the Executive Management team at IMC Krems. Their deputy is authorised signatory Michaela Sabathiel.
The Executive Management represents the university in all external matters, including representation of IMC FH Krems GmbH in its dealings with external stakeholders, and is also responsible for overall management of the university.
The Executive Management sets the university’s strategic direction. In this respect, representing the university externally, concluding strategic partnerships and maintaining links to stakeholders are core responsibilities.
IMC Krems is a Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (limited liability company). When we became a university of applied sciences in 2002, the managing company changed its name to IMC FH Krems GmbH. It is owned by IMC Consulting GmbH, which has a 70% stake, and the City of Krems, which holds the remaining 30%.
The Academic Board
Rules of procedure govern the responsibilities, periods of office, rules of proxy and election procedures of the Academic Board, in accordance with the Fachhochschul-Studiengesetz (Universities of Applied Sciences Studies Act).
The Academic Board is responsible for managing the university’s academic affairs.
The Academic Board is currently made up of the Chair and Deputy Chair of the Academic Board, degree programme directors, representatives of the teaching and research staff, and students.
The following appointments were made at the board’s meeting of 27 November 2018:
- Prof.(FH) Mag. Dr. Martin Waiguny was elected Chair of the Academic Board
- Prof.(FH) Mag.(FH) Dr.phil. Manfred Pferzinger was elected Deputy Chair of the Academic Board
Targeting the future: Strategy of IMC Krems
As a private educational enterprise and an internationally-focused university of applied sciences, we need to lead the way – pursuing innovative approaches and questioning the existing way of doing things – in order to have international recognition.
The strategy document, Targeting the Future, zeroes in on this kind of change and development. Our vision, our mission and our values have been developed and, together with the strategic guidelines, form the basis for our strategic goals. The operational targets for the next three years are derived from the strategic goals.