Global Sustainability and Circular Business* bachelor degree programme
*Subject to approval by AQ Austria Complex challenges need multidisciplinary answers.
Our degree programme thoroughly prepares you for careers in sustainability management and the circular economy. You will acquire fundamental expertise in and deepen your understanding of applying sustainable principles in business contexts.
Courses normally take place from Friday at 2pm to Saturday. There is also 1 block week per semester.
You will complete your degree in 6 semesters, or 3 years. During this time, your workload will be 180 ECTS credits.
The degree programme
Tailor-made solutions for urgent problems
The world is facing major global problems, such as environmental change and social challenges. These problems affect us as a society and also have an impact on the economy. It is therefore important to find sustainable solutions to the changing environmental conditions quickly.
This is exactly where our new bachelor degree programme comes in: the programme offers you the unique opportunity to play an active role in solving global challenges. Through an integrated approach, you will learn to shape models, communities and companies in order to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Management expertise meets eco-competencies
As a graduate of this degree programme, you will have outstanding analytical skills and be an expert in ecological logistics and supply chain management. You will not only evaluate sustainable data, but also adapt your management strategies to the complex requirements of global markets and effectively integrate ecological aspects into company processes.
Proactively shaping innovation processes
During your studies, you will learn how to use innovations for environmentally friendly technologies and business models in order to be prepared for the challenges of environmentally conscious corporate management.
At the same time, you will learn how to actively shape change and innovation processes, particularly in line with environmentally friendly principles. In addition, you will develop important social skills such as teamwork, leadership and conflict resolution to successfully participate in change and innovation projects.
As this is one of our new programmes, we'll have lots of interesting details to share with you throughout the year. Sign up and stay informed.
Multi-layered topics make up one degree programme
The degree programme covers five key areas that together make up the “triple bottom line” of sustainable business: companies should not only strive for financial success, but also incorporate social responsibility and environmental protection into their decisions.
In courses on the topic of global sustainability, the implementation of the SDGs is examined in a global context and particular attention is paid to the social side of sustainability.
Circular business focuses on ecological aspects and how products and services can be designed sustainably.
The field of economics introduces topics such as efficiency and, above all, effectiveness in sustainable business.
Interdisciplinary subjects such as behavioural sciences, artificial intelligence and data management round off the curriculum together with future skills, where students can choose from various subjects.
What exactly does your degree programme consist of? Get an overview with our diagram.
After completing the bachelor degree in Global Sustainability and Circular Business, numerous possible career paths become accessible to you.
You have the choice of starting a career or enrolling for a full-time or part-time master degree.
A wide range of options will be open to you – at IMC Krems, for instance, you can register for the master degree programmes:
- Umwelt- und Nachhaltigkeitsmanagement
- International Business and Economic Diplomacy
- Digital Business Innovation and Transformation
- Marketing with Major Tracks in Tourism & Service Marketing, Fashion & Lifestyle Marketing and Retail & Shopper Marketing
- Management von Gesundheitsunternehmen
Alternatively, you can take a master degree in business at another Austrian or foreign university.
- Potential entry-level positions
- Sustainability management: As a graduate, you will be qualified for positions in companies that focus on sustainable practice, communication and controlling as well as environmental management, sustainable marketing strategies and supply chain management.
- Sustainable business development: You will contribute your expertise to the development of sustainable business models and corporate development. In circular economy management, you will score points with your know-how of business models in the circular economy. Sustainable innovation management is also a key aspect for you.
- Promoting innovation and sustainability: You are also used to looking at things from the outside. You know how sustainability promotion and public administration work in the area of environmental protection and what is needed for strategic organisational consulting for companies in the area of sustainable business practices. This will lead to further fields of work.
- Business management activities: You can contribute your expertise to numerous “classic” business areas and exciting jobs without a dedicated sustainability focus, such as finance and accounting, marketing and sales, human resources or operational and strategic management.
Get to know the core team of our bachelor degree programme Global Sustainability and Circular Business.
Prof.(FH) Mag. Dr. Martin Waiguny
- Consumer behaviour and New Media. Product Placements, Entertainment Theory, Gamification, Advertising
- Consumer Strategy. Advertising and Advertising psychology, Customer relationship Management, Information based Customer Management