Overview of costs
Find out about the costs you’ll need to cover during your time at university.
You’ll need to budget for tuition fees, but don’t forget course materials and living costs such as housing, meals, transportation, recreational activities, and insurance.
Tuition fees per semester
Please note that different tuition fees apply for non-EU citizens. You can find out more in the Tuition fees for non-EU citizens section.
Austrian Student Union dues
Every student needs to pay Austrian Student Union (ÖH) dues, currently set at EUR 20.70 per semester.
The dues cover a wide range of services and benefits such as student liability insurance.
Paying your tuition fees and Students’ Union dues
You will only be allowed to study if we receive payment of your tuition fees and Austrian National Union of Students (ÖH) membership dues within 14 days of the date of the payment request.
Please remember that it can take a few days for your bank to complete the transfer.
Degree programmes starting in the winter semester:
Payment requests are sent out between 1 July and the start of the degree programmes and payment must be made within 14 days of receipt.
Degree programmes starting in the summer semester:
Payment requests are sent out between 1 December and the start of the degree programmes and payment must be made within 14 days of receipt.
Bank transfer, including through online banking
You can download your payment confirmation before the start of your studies either from the dashboard on the IMC Apply Online and Onboardingplatform, or using the eDesktop if you are already registered as a student.
Once the payment has been made, your study place is confirmed and you can be enrolled for the coming semester. You will also receive access to programme-related information and documents.
- When you pay your tuition fees and ÖH membership dues, you must transfer the correct amount in full. It is not possible to make part-payments.
- The person making the transfer must pay any bank fees. Make sure you find out about any possible fees in advance (this is especially important with international transfers).
- Please provide all of the relevant payment information (IBAN, BIC/SWIFT, payment reference number, etc.) so that we can clearly identify your payment.
- If you have already paid your ÖH membership dues at another university, you will only receive a request for payment of your tuition fees. This is checked in advance by reconciling the available data.
- If you do not make payment before the deadline, or do not transfer the full amount, your study place will be given to another applicant, even if you have already signed the education contract.
- Requests for payment of tuition fees and ÖH membership dues are only made for the upcoming semester; it is not possible to make advance payments for future semesters.
Costs for course materials
Course books and handouts will cost between EUR 200 und EUR 500 in your first year. In subsequent years this will decrease to about EUR 100 per year.
These costs will of course vary, depending on whether you purchase only the required literature or also the recommended literature.
We'll be happy to inform you about the requirements you have to meet in order to apply.
Preparation is everything – read up on the admissions procedure in detail.
What deadlines do you need to keep an eye on for your online application? Get an overview.