Research – Department of Business
The Department of Business concentrates on a variety of specialist economic subjects, with a strong emphasis on applications.
Close ties with the economy: innovative solutions for businesses
In terms of both interdisciplinary teaching and research, the Department of Business focuses on contemporary management theories, the development of efficient and innovative solutions and their implementation in business practice, the analysis of value creation, and research into corporate social responsibility.
An interdisciplinary research network, and collaboration with corporate and academic partners as well as tertiary education facilities – with a strong international focus – expands the university’s research portfolio and promotes the development and ongoing expansion of our research-related capabilities in the various research fields and topics.
- Cornerstones & characteristics
- Application of modern management theories and principles
- Efficient development of innovative solutions
- Direct implementation at companies
- Knowledge transfer – putting the latest research findings into practice
- Applied research centred on current practical challenges
- Integrating companies and organisations into the research process
- Highly qualified staff with extensive practical experience
eVRyLab: moving in virtual spaces
Austrian digital pioneer
IMC Krems’ eVRyLab has created a highlight in virtual-reality movement technology, underlining its position as a digitalisation trailblazer in Lower Austria.
The eVRyLab is primarily intended to play a part in the Scan2VR project, but it can also be used for student and school class projects. In this way, children and young adults get a feel for the topic of virtual reality (VR).
One of the highlights is the OmniDeck – a circular “treadmill” that enables physical movement in virtual environments, and the only device of its kind in Austria.