A diploma supplement (DS) is a document which accompanies every degree certificate.
The supplement is designed to make the process of international academic and professional recognition of qualifications more transparent. The DS gives a detailed description of the courses which a student completed in the course of their degree. The purpose of diploma supplements is to
- increase the transparency of higher education
- enhance mobility
- promote informed judgements about qualifications
- facilitate academic and professional recognition
- promote lifelong learning
- provide information for citizens, employers and educational institutions
A diploma supplement is not a substitute for a CV, the original qualification or the transcript of records, and it does not guarantee recognition of a particular degree. It is, however, a useful tool that promotes transparency in higher education, and simplifies the recognition of qualifications.
All graduates of the IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems receive an English and German-language diploma supplement free of charge with their degree certificate.