Academic mobility programmes
Studying the international way - The IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems is an ERASMUS network member and was awarded the ERASMUS Charter for Higher Education 2014-2020 (ECHE).
This means that we are committed to respecting the principles and policies of the European Commission and promoting the international dimension of education.
How important is an international approach in higher education?
An international perspective is a core element of our university’s activities, because the knowledge which forms the basis of the curriculum is generated worldwide.
What does the Academic Mobility Programmes Office do?
- Cooperating with more than 100 partner universities worldwide and continually expanding the network
- Promoting student mobility with the EU’s ERASMUS+ programme and joint study programmes
- Supporting incoming students
- Advising outgoing students and monitoring their progress during their semester abroad
- Accrediting academic performance abroad
What are the aims of internationalisation?
In an increasingly globalised world, universities clearly need to focus on implementing processes to enhance internationalisation. These include
- helping students acquire foreign language skills
- offering English-language degree programmes
- maintaining international networks with other universities and business partners
- providing international internships and semesters abroad
- promoting intercultural awareness and skills
- designing programmes in line with international academic standards
Dr. Maximilan Schachner