Klaus Kotek, MBA
Professor Department Business
- International Marketing and Sales, incl. Brand Management
- Corporate Communications and Public Relations
- In the area of HRM: Employer Branding, incl. Change Management Communication (Transition-Management of M&A- and Rebranding Proccess)
Betreuungsbereiche Bachlor-/Masterarbeit/Fields for Bachelor/Master Theses:
- International Marketing and Sales
- Brand Management
- Target group segmentation
- Planning-, Budgeting- and Performance Management
- Corporate Communications
- In the area of HRM: Employer Branding, incl. Change Management/Transitions Management Communications
Methoden Präferenz/Methodological Preferences:
- Quantitative methods: Survey research / Questionnaire / Structured interview
- Qualitative methods: Qualitative interviewing / Focus Groups / Document analysis / Grounded theory / Case studies / Content analysis
- Marketing Metrics/Marketing Key Performance Indicators ( KPI):
Measurement is critical to the health of any business. Particularly important are the knowledge how to apply metrics in marketing - Marketing-ROI.
- Criteria to assess markets for export activities. Characteristics to be considered to identify opportunities whilst minim izing risks.
- Analysing sales processes by the means of a "sales-funnel"-model: How marketing and sales cooperate in acquiring, maintaining and servicing (potential) customers.
- Beyond mass marketing communication: how to apply "paid-owned-and earned media" as an effective and efficient corporate communcations approach.
- Succesful alternatives to "traditional advertising" ("above the line"): the usage of new techniques in communication and applying new electronic media to gain brand-relevant attention.
- What drivers customer loyalty?
Strategic aspects of loyalty and customer lifetime cycles.
- Smart targeting - appropriate market segmentation as a precondition for all marketing undertakings: on a strategic level as well as on executing operational activities. National and trans-national segementation criteria (methods) for effective market/business development.
- Pricing strategies, applicable for global marketing activities.
- Dialogue marketing in the upheaval of the electronic media.
- Any topics concerning neuro-marketing and brand management
- Brands influence buying preferences and behaviour (B2C as well as B2B).
Major differences depend on the industry sector - research characteristics of specifis sectors and how this impacts customer cons iderations and buying patterns.
- What makes customers enthusiastic - how to turn "occasional" customers to fans who like to recommend their favoured brands actively?
- The leverage of ethical behaviour in strategic brand management.
- Drivers for cusomter's loyalty: Criteria in marketing and sales to determine customer loyalty and to achieve a high score in the area of recommendation. (Particulary C-to-C recommendation are essential in/for sales!)
- The increasing importanceof social media for organisations to achieve awareness, commitment and support for sales endeavours.
- Human Resource Management Metrics: Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for HRM - to manage personnel effectively and to develop a sustainable employer brand
- New opportunities to attract (new and existing) employees and to foster a sustainable employer brand
- Tools and techniques to develop an "employer of choice"-image (meaning a strong employer brand)